Vadodara – the new city we will now call our home! We were back on Sunday from our short trip to our hometown Pune. As I mentioned in my last post, we were due moving our household to Vadodara, and we just moved! Few days before heading to Pune, I made this strawberry-pomegranate-pistachio smoothie for breakfast. So the first thing I wanted to do (apart from unpacking) was to post this smoothie recipe.
Its light and refreshing on your taste buds and yet stomach-feeling. Plus, its a quick one to pull together. The only time consuming part – if you don’t know the quick-tricks is removing pomegranate kernels. Done that, this smoothie comes together in a jiffy. I spent hardly 10 minutes in making this, another 5 minutes in gulping it down and 45 minutes in photographing the beauty! 😉
I have named her ‘Pink Beauty’! 🙂
What are you waiting for? Go make this fast…
Here is what you will need ~
- 6-8 Strawberries – cleaned, stems removed, and cut into chunks
- Kernels of half pomegranate – making sure piths are removed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cream from top of the milk*
- 5-6 unsalted pistachios – slightly roasted
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp honey (this smoothie is only mildly sweet, add more honey if you prefer it to be more sweet)
- 3-4 mint leaves, torn with hands
- Juice of half a lemon
- Puree strawberries in a blender, this is to make sure there are no larger pieces of strawberries in your smoothie. Now add remaining ingredients except lemon juice and blend until smooth. Lastly, add lemon juice and pulse for few seconds.
- Pour in your favorite glass and enjoy!
This recipe makes 2 individual servings or one huge serving.
As always, let me know if you make my recipes and like them. You can share your feedback here on the blog or Kesariyaa’s social media platforms.
* In India, it is a daily practice to boil the milk, cool it down and then gather the cream on top of the boiled milk. This cream usually makes its way to homemade ghee (clarified butter). You can use low fat cream here as well.