Hi folks! As promised in yesterday’s post here I am writing about the best homemade pizza (including crust)…
Now, as I said yesterday – pizza is liked by children and adults alike; I mean who doesn’t like pizza? Homemade pizza loaded with veggies is the best way to have one!
I made this pizza dough from Sally’s baking addiction and I can’t thank Sally enough for this perfect pizza crust recipe. I followed her instructions to the t. The only difference is that I used locally available brand of yeast. What’s best about this pizza dough recipe is that it really froze well and it still baked up nicely. I think I should have baked it for some more time to get golden brown edges but nonetheless the pizza turned out to be tasty with great texture – chewy, soft, perfectly cooked!
I made the dough almost a month back and have baked the pizza twice -one around 20 days back and now this one a couple of days back. I used different toppings both the times; you can customize the toppings as per your liking.
I baked my pizza using ready made pizza sauce but if you can use the homemade one, I am sure the pizza will be to die for!
Here is what you need~
- One part of pizza dough from here.
- Pizza sauce – homemade or store bought; approx. 2 tablespoons
- Red, yellow and green bell peppers – chopped in squares; 1/2 cup
- Broccoli – cut into small florets; 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1 medium; chopped in squares about the same size as peppers
- Zuccini – 5 to 6 thin slices
- Mozzarella cheese – grated, 1/2 cup
- Olive oil – to grease the baking dish
- Corn meal – to dust the baking dish
Here are the step-wise instructions~
- Preheat oven to 250º C for at least 15 minutes. Grease baking dish with little olive oil and dust with corn meal. Set aside.
- Take the dough (thawed if using frozen) on a lightly floured surface and knead very gently for only less than a minute. Flatten into a disk and start rolling the dough by pressing with your fingers with one hand and rotating with the other hand. Roll to the diameter of your baking dish.
- Now, using a rolling pin transfer the rolled dough gently into the prepared baking dish. Poke the dough either with your fingers or with a fork so that pizza does not bubble up while baking. Create around 1/2 inch outer edge using your fingers.
- Now spread the pizza sauce on the inside circle leaving the edges.
- Add your favorite toppings, spread grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 250º C for 15-18 minutes.
- Slice and serve the hot pizza!
Unfortunately I did not have time to take enough pictures. This one is from my husband’s cellphone..But I will be making the pizza again, and I will post more pictures 🙂
This recipe makes 8 medium slices of pizza.